Meeting about 'Strategic Environmental Assessement' at the Informal Discussion Group on the Environment, 28 October 2009
The Informal Discussion Group on the Environment hosted an information session about 'Strategic Environmental Assessment' (SEA) -- an environmental mainstreaming and planning tool and process to improve strategic decision-making. The main presentation was made by a representative of the SEA Task Team, which operates under a mandate from the Network on Environment and Development Cooperation (Environet), which is a subsidiary of the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
The meeting provided an opportunity for IDGE members to learn about SEA, and to make recommendations for the further information sharing about SEA in Tanzania.
- Welcome, Introductions, Agenda review and IDGE briefing
- Presentation: Strategic Environmental Assessment - Basic Concept and Proposed "Road Show" (Barry Dalal-Clayton - SEA Task Team member)
- Questions and comments
- Discussion and recommendations for SEA Road Show in Tanzania
- Way forward
- Meeting report
- Informational handout on Strategic Environmental Assessment - What is SEA?
- A Concept Note for a SEA Road Show Initiative in Tanzania
To download documents, please log-in first to your TNRF member account. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.